Saturday, May 24, 2014

Pasta Primavera Contest Entry

I haven't had a whole lot of free time lately. It happens sometimes. But I did manage to carve out just enough to make pasta primavera for the Pioneer Woman contest.

There are a lot of fresh vegetables in this recipe, which means a lot of chopping. But once all the prep work is done, it is really a quick meal to make. Click here for a link to the recipe. I will definitely be making this one again. When I started making it, my biggest help in the kitchen, Jeffrey Stites, wasn't home and the boy had no interest in helping out this time, probably because there are mushrooms and zucchini in the recipe.
But I made pretty quick work of it and in no time, I had this... I think my minced garlic got buried under there somewhere.                                                    
Of course, you need to get the pasta going and then start cooking the veggies. I grated cheese while veggies were cooking and when everything was done, I just threw it all together. I had a really good idea of how I wanted it to look but here's this little problem of my lack of hand-eye coordination. (That's why I like photography-all my hands have to do is hold the camera and push the buttons). So it didn't look quite like I wanted it to. I was happy with the end result though, and I took lots of pictures and posted one to the website as my contest entry. This one isn't the one I entered, but I don't think it's too bad :-) The best part of the experience is that since my mother and father-in-law were down for the week, the primavera was enjoyed for dinner (twice). Which is, after all, the real reason I cook anyway.

                                                                                                                     

2 comments: