Sunday, April 13, 2014

The Best Recipe I Ever Got


This recipe is the best one anyone ever gave me. It's a recipe for cocktail meatballs. The meatballs are delicious, but I think it's the extra commentary that makes this recipe fabulous. My friend Chris gave it to me. He made these when we had a potluck meal a couple of times, and when I asked him how to make them, this is what I got. I laughed so hard I cried. 

1. Go to Wal-Mart.
2. In the frozen section you will find bags of pre-made meatballs. They are in 2lb/32oz bags. Put a bag in your cart. 
3. Go to the aisle that has barbeque sauce. Find a really large bottle of KC Masterpiece and put it in your cart.
4. In the same aisle you will find spicy brown mustard (1 cup), Honey (1 Cup) and Worcestershire Sauce (small bottle-enough for a few splashes). Put that stuff in your cart too.
5. Go to the checkout, pay for these items and leave Wal-Mart.
6. Go to ABC Store. (Lisa's note: In North Carolina, alcohol is sold at ABC Stores). Purchase a bottle of Jack Daniels. You can purchase anything else you want while you’re there but you only need the Jack Daniels for the Meatballs. May I suggest a nice bottle of Crown Royal?
7. Leave the ABC Store now … before you spend all of your money. Go home.
8. In the kitchen, you will find a pot in the lower cabinet to the left of the stove … wait a minute, that’s my kitchen. Ok well find your own pot in your own kitchen and put it on your own stove.
9. In the pot, add:
2 Cups of KC Masterpiece (set aside the remainder, you may add more later)
1 Cup of Honey (set aside the remainder, you may add more later)
1 Cup of Spicy Brown Mustard (put away the remainder)
1 Cup of Jack Daniels (drink the remainder)
A couple of splashes of Worcestershire Sauce (don’t drink the remainder)

Heat this mixture up for about 10 minutes. It will look funny at first, yellowish from the mustard but that’s ok, it scared me too at first. Keep on stirring and it will clear up. After about 10 minutes of heating add the frozen meatballs, bring to a boil. Once it boils, turn it down and simmer for about 45 minutes. It’s a good idea to taste test the sauce (not the meatballs) while it’s cooking, I sometimes add some more KC Masterpiece or Worcestershire Sauce or honey depending on thickness and taste. I don’t usually add more Jack Daniels because by the time I get to this point in the cooking process, there isn’t any left. If you have some left and want to add it, go right ahead; there are no rules here. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment