Sunday, March 18, 2018

Not a bread crust in sight

I do better when I have a plan. At least, I do better at eating healthy when I have a plan. Being in a rush when I am hungry generally leads me down the wrong path. It’s a tasty path, full of things like bagels, muffins and croissants. They are so good, and quick, and sometimes that’s what’s for lunch. I am working on reminding myself that the salad bar at Lowes Foods is also quick, and it’s a much better choice. I do actually make good choices on the salad bar. Mixed greens, lots of veggies, even raw carrots which are not my favorite but which I know are good for me. And they’re bright orange, which makes me happy, especially on a dreary March day.


Sorry for the babbling. 

This week, I have a plan. I sometimes use plain hamburger patties, because I really do like beef. But this week, I went with the healthier choice of chicken. No cheese, very little olive oil, and just some seasonings. Today., I used salt and pepper, and paprika. And then I cooked some red bell pepper and zucchini, and a little bit of onion. I just used olive oil, salt and pepper, and a little thyme on those. I packed them up in individual servings, and voila! I have a couple veggie and protein lunches ready to go this week. And no bread in any shape or form is involved. I’m calling that a victory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment