Thursday, March 23, 2017

It all started with mozarella

The other day I took advantage of a BOGO and got two balls of fresh mozzarella. Yep, Bel Gioioso. I wanted some cheese to pair with baby heirloom and other tiny tomatoes for breakfast. Unconventional yes, but it's at least not a carbohydrate-loaded meal.

Anywho, I had this mozzarella in the fridge and was thinking what to do, what to do, and I settled on naan bread pizzas. We really like doing individual pizzas on naan bread. It's light and just the perfect size for a personal pizza. This was a quick dinner, so I bought pesto rather than make it. Just a small spoonful on each bread, topped with thin slices of mozzarella, about 5-6 per pizza, a little grated Parmesan and some torn prosciutto. I baked them on sheet pans at 350 degrees until the cheese was melted and bubbly (didn't time it, sorry, but it was probably between 10 and 15 minutes).

I knew we needed a side dish too, so I got some hummus and we had carrots, zucchini and red bell pepper slices for dipping. All in all, a good, quick, and not terribly unhealthy dinner. Of course, then we had some chocolate chip cookies, so....

No comments:

Post a Comment